A Coffee Table Is a Solid Addition to Any Living Room
Quite a few people nowadays wonder if they should buy coffee tables for their living rooms. Many buyers don’t want to give up space in their living room to a coffee table, especially if they aren’t used to having a coffee table.
At Woodcraft, we’ve been in the furniture business for over four decades with beautifully handcrafted solid Canadian wood furniture. Our clientele relies on our experience and expertise. In our professional opinion, a wood coffee table is the second most essential component of any living room after your seating.
Your coffee table offers incredible convenience, whether you’re lounging by yourself at night or hosting guests. It can carry your snacks, drinks, magazines, home entertainment controls, video game peripherals, smart devices, books, and more.
Having a coffee table is also suitable for the safety of your seating. Imagine sipping a glass of elegant red wine after a long day of work and spilling it on your light-coloured fabric sofa because you had nowhere to put it. Imagine your guest’s child dropping a milkshake from their lap on your suede couch because they didn’t have a coffee table nearby.
If you worry about your children walking into your coffee table, you can always childproof it. When you buy a coffee table, consider the following factors:
- Shape: Pick the right shape depending on the nature of your living room. If your living room is in the corner of your house or the basement, then any shape will work. You can consider buying a circular-shaped coffee table if your living room sees a lot through traffic. For example, if people pass through the living room to go to the bedroom or bathroom, a circular coffee table is easier to pass through.
- Size: It’s critical to select the right-sized coffee table for your living room that suits the floor plan. It shouldn’t be too big, nor should it be too small. Of course, it should also be the right height for your sofa and your TV. If your TV sits low, then avoid a high coffee table that affects your field of view.
Of course, it’s also crucial to pick the right style for you and your home. At Woodcraft, we have an array of coffee tables for you to choose from:
- Waterfall Resin
- Ottawa Valley
With just a few styling choices at home, you can achieve different looks with your coffee table.
- Contemporary interior design is a broad umbrella term that describes a variety of styles from the mid-20th century onward. It encompasses older styles and current trends that make a bold impression in homes across the country.
- Industrial takes its direction from old warehouses and lofts. It reveals the architectural bones of your home, allowing exposed beams and ceiling joists to take centre stage.
- Scandinavian aesthetic cuts a clean, sophisticated, and minimal look that elevates natural wood, fibers, and colors.
Your wood coffee table will look spectacular when you pair it great with one of the many luxurious wood dining tables from our store. If you’re in the market for any wood furniture in Toronto — please visit us.