Advantages of Buying Reclaimed Wood Furniture
At Woodcraft, we’ve been making beautiful custom Canadian solid wood furniture since 1974. When we started on Markham Road and Steeles Avenue at the edge of Toronto, all we had was our hardworking tools, a place to work, and a passion for crafting world-class wood furniture.
We had no idea that our solid wood furniture store would become renowned for its superior quality, elegance, and lasting value in a few short years.
Our valuable clients love us because of our personalized service, knowledgeable staff, and the fact that we stand behind our work. But like us, our customers also have a deep passion for wood furniture for the following reasons:
- Longevity: Solid well-crafted furniture will last you generations. You can use it for a lifetime at home and eventually hand it down to your loved ones.
- Low Maintenance: Good solid wood furniture is easy to clean and easy to maintain. Usually, all it takes is a wipe from a microfiber cloth to keep it pristine.
- Healthy: Unlike mass-produced alternatives like MDF, particleboard, plywood, and other materials, solid wood furniture carries fewer Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
Reclaimed Wood Furniture
Like traditional sold wood furniture, reclaimed wood furniture is built to last, good for your health, and low maintenance. Additionally, reclaimed wood furniture is good for the environment because it has a low ecological footprint.
Reclaimed wood furniture doesn’t come from freshly chopped trees. Instead, it comes from old-growth wood that’s recovered from historic mills, factories, and objects.
Here at Woodcraft, we honour this history when we transform reclaimed timber into gorgeous new furniture for the modern home. We handpick the best pieces with unique patterns, letting its old-growth charm inform how we design our work. The result is a handcrafted piece that creates a bold statement.
For example, when you purchase a reclaimed wood dining table from us, you’ll notice that it’s highly durable because it was cut from mature forests. These trees had centuries to grow, making the wood stable and robust.
Remember, reclaimed wood comes from trees that are now protected by anti-deforestation regulations. These laws prohibit today’s logging of older trees, as well as specific species of trees. So, whether you’re eating or working at your dining room table — you’ll have no complaints about the build quality, materials, or versatility.
Here are some options for reclaimed wood dining tables at our store:
- Lakefield dining table
- Austin reclaimed wood dining table
- Jackson reclaimed wood dining table
Of course, reclaimed wood also has a story to tell. When your guests sit around your reclaimed wood coffee table —you can tell them where the lumber came from, sharing how it may have lived a previous life as an old whisky barrel or a summer beam from a turn-of-the-century factory.
Here are some options for reclaimed wood coffee tables at our store:
- Portland reclaimed wood coffee table
- Mercer reclaimed wood coffee table
- Adelaide reclaimed wood coffee table
So, whether you’re looking for a dining table or a coffee table, you should try reclaimed wood for a more durable, eco-friendly, and, dare we say, more sophisticated option.