Find The Right Dining Table For Easter Dinner
If you’re hosting Easter Sunday dinner for the first time this year, you may be wondering just what you’ve gotten yourself into and how you’re going to manage to pull it off. You have a meal to prepare, wine to buy, seating arrangements to plan – not to mention invitations to send out and centrepieces to create. It can seem a little overwhelming, but you can make things easier by staying focused and giving yourself time to manage the little things. Outsource side dishes and dessert, plan in advance, and give yourself time to get ready in the morning.
Here’s a quick list of little things you can do to make sure that your Easter dinner goes off without a hitch while welcoming everyone and encouraging them to enjoy themselves:
- Greet them at the door; as hectic as things may be in the kitchen, always open the door for your guests yourself, rather than sending your kid to handle it for you.
- Always remember to offer a drink once they’ve had a seat, whether it’s wine, sparkling water, or pop, and keep a variety.
- Decorating your table for Easter with some painted eggs, candles, or Easter flowers (like the Easter lily, tulips, or daffodils) will add a festive but tasteful atmosphere to your dinner.
- Warm up the plates and bread; a few minutes in an oven set to 150 degrees will give buns and bread a freshness and warmth, while warmed up plates keep food from going cold on the table.
- You can create place cards to assign seating, an especially useful way to ease seating stress just before the meal, which also makes your guests feel invited and as though their presence has been well-planned.
- Don’t forget about the temperature in the room; keep it comfortably warm, especially if you live somewhere where Easter still means slush on the sidewalks, but don’t be afraid to crack open a window or lower the thermostat if the kitchen starts to make things feel stifling. Otherwise, people might start to doze off once they’ve had their fill of lamb and potatoes.
But at the heart of any successful Easter Sunday dinner is the right dining table and your home should have a work of craftsmanship that lives up to the role of the table as a place where families gather and make new memories.
A dining table can become a lasting family heirloom, a familiar piece of comfort for everyone in the family, and a constant source of reassurance in your home. That’s why we at Woodcraft put all of our energy into making durable, beautiful tables for our customers, made to order with their tastes in mind. You choose the wood: pine, oak, maple, wormy maple (rich with patterns), or vintage cherry (with a warm, deep reddish brown colour), as well as the finish.
With white glove delivery, we at Woodcraft can make sure you get your brand-new dining table just in time for Easter dinner, without you having to worry or add additional stress to your life. Just check out our website or visit a Woodcraft showroom (we have three across the GTA: in Markham, Mississauga, and Whitby) and find the one that’s right for you. Don’t be shy, we’re happy to accommodate all kinds of custom requests.